Behavioral Health

"She is a screamer.
"That is all she does.
"She is not a walkie-talkie.
"She is not a danger to herself or others.

"And we know, in the back of our minds, that the first weekend the nursing home gets to enjoy the unending screaming, she will be right back here. For management."

Always interesting to hear the thoughts from the other side of the fence post. Really makes me think back to all those occasions where I have authorized sending out a resident with behaviors on a Friday afternoon. The scramble to call all four behavior units and convince someone to admit. Writing the letter promising that we will take the resident back (that letter means nothing). I'm sure that someone has done a trend-study on Friday afternoon behavioral health admissions from nursing homes. Would be interesting to see, although I bet I can guess what the trend would be.

No comments: