Books I Read This Weekend

Innovation is not limited to product development. I have become very interested lately in these related concepts and how they can be related to long term care. This weekend I finished two books, both of which I recommend as reading for your informal education:

1. The Art of Innovation: Lessons in Creativity from IDEO, America's Leading Design Firm Primary concepts that I will take from this reading: The importance of employee-controlled workspaces, the concept of prototyping every concept, and the misconceptions regarding conventional corporate brainstorming.

2. Small Is the New Big: and 183 Other Riffs, Rants, and Remarkable Business Ideas My guru of the month, if you will...Pick this up if you are searching for a "My corporation expects me to be the next big marketer even though I have no marketing background" book. Empower yourself to insert your own ideas into product/service development. Don't even try to sell something that you haven't helped create, let alone believe in.

No comments: