Seven Residents, One Nurse Killed in Shooting

On Sunday morning a young male walked into Pinelake Nursing and Rehabilitation in Carthage, North Carolina and began shooting.  Seven residents and one nurse were killed.  The relationship between the shooter and the community is unclear.


With our Emergency Preparedness plans due to the Indiana State Department of Health this week, this sure hits home.  What a nightmare - something I just don't know how you would plan for. 

I can't even imagine the counseling that will need to follow in order for this five-star community to rebound.  My team will surely pray for the residents, families, and employees this week.  If anyone reading this is aware of a broader support effort, please contact me so that I may assist.

God bless them all.

No comments: